Tuesday, March 06, 2007

More pics with my new camera

Okay so blogging is new to me. I read them everyday, you can see them in the margins, but writing a blog, whole 'nother story. I am already finding titles hard and I have done what, 3, in a year and a half? Wow, I need to work on that.

So I took some pictures on the weekend, of course since I have my new digital camera that happens more than people want but you need to learn to deal. I went on one of my favorite hikes, Castle Rock, I do it a lot of weekends with whoever has been coerced this week. Its a bit challenging and that's what I like about it. Oddly enough I did not take many pics on the hike so I have this one.



On a clear day you can see the ocean and I love that about this hike. I get to scramble over rocks, climb up hills, lose my breath and still see the ocean over the mountains. I can't get that in Colorado.








I spent the rest of the day being a teeny bit geeky and played gameswith my friends. We had fun, and of course there was knitting! Its nice to play with women since they can appreciate the need to knit while gaming. Though not one guy has ever called me a sheepless fucker so maybe it all kind of evens out in the end.



Sunday there was a visitor from Ohio here from my friends work and I had to go along for touristy things. We went to Ocean Beach so he could see the Pacific, ate sushi and took pics of the Golden Gate Bridge.
I like this picture, lots of people I don't know playing at the beach and the sun setting on everyone. Pretty.

Then the super geeky action started. I can't even tell you how many pictures I took of the damn bridge. I was trying to get some nice ones and I thought I had but hoo boy was I wrong. They look fabulous on the window of my camera in the dark but now, not so nice. Apparently I move a lot. Or what I really think it is, the bridge was moving because I was totally staying still.



Blurry or not, it was beautiful night at the Marin headlands and I can always pretend that my lovely pictures would make Ansel Adams jealous ( instead of spin in his grave). You can see the veiw that the pro took.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Oh my god you make me crack up! The Ocean beach picture is GORGEOUS, and it was so warm!! (Where is the puppy in the picture though?!) The moon picture with the bridge is eerie! I love it! I have to say though, you need to work on your titles. THEY ARE BOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING:):) But you are blogging, I am NOT complaining!!!

hannah marie nguyen soon to be kuhns said...

jilly!!! :)
i'm one of your fav blogs? that's a lot of pressure. thanks.

blogging is definitely a whole new thing for me as well. you're sooo ahead of me with the pictures and all. shit.. i have to add photos. damn you!

so pretty (pics)!!!

boring headlines jilly? hahhaa..i HEART linda.

JillyB said...

Hannah, you kill me! Of course I read your blog!