Sunday, July 29, 2007

Monkey Joy


Yep they are done! And I am happy! They turned out so well, so cute, I can now understand why people like making socks so much. They were a lot of fun, instant gratification since they are not very big. My first pair of adult socks! Yay!











Now I have time for a new project I started the Anemoi mittens but have a last minute baby sweater to make. I found some pretty superwash yarn from SockPixie.com, great color ways there! I am making the Lace Leaf Baby cardi that I made a few months ago, I really like making it. The color I am doing now is Raspberry cheesecake and I think the other color, Asparagus (pretty!) will be a baby sweater as well. I had such a hard time picking the right colors and I can't say they are exactly baby-ish., but they are really really nice. I could even make socks with this sock yarn!




I went for an awesome hike today on windy hill. It acted a lot like winter up there, it was really foggy at the top, so foggy it was like rain , we got soaked! I wish I had my camera with me, it was beautiful and amazing. The bottom of the hill was sunny and warm, it was like night and day. Lovely.

3 comments:

Juls said...

such lovely yarns from Sock Pixie! Your monkeys came out great--mine are so chaotic from the pooling of STR so I bought some solid so make them again!

Teenuh said...

Oh god, I made the mistake of clicking on the link to Sock Pixie's site. What beautiful colors!!!

My second pair of monkeys came out good with no pooling, my Lorna's Laces ones were hella pooled. Still can't see the damn pattern though. I am just going to have to knit another pair!!

hannahbeekuhns said...

jilly ~ your first pair of adult socks.. they're beautiful!!!