Saturday, February 16, 2008

Pudding



I love pudding. Its always been one of my favorite desserts, creamy, cool, chocolaty, well if it is chocolate pudding anyway. I found a new blog, Brownie Points, it was something a co-worker had sent me for the bacon vodka recipe, but I found some inspiration for cooking. I've been slacking a bit lately, some times I need a bit of a push to get back to cooking things I like. She has a post for chocolate pudding that is amazing! I don't think I've ever made pudding from scratch but its really easy! I make a lot of things from scratch, but never pudding. I added 70% Lindt Chocolate for the double chocolate part, mmmmmmmmmm!

I also made a cauliflower salad from Everyday food for dinner,
there were lovely ones in my veggie box this week. Just as tasty as they look, even in my blurry pic.




There is also a recipe for a no knead bread that I am in the process of making, I haven't made bread in years! It looks easy (well duh, you mix it and leave it for 12 hours, its not much work) and the posts on the blog say its really tasty. I can't wait! Jenny and I were talking about baking bread at Boba knit on Thursday, I thought I would probably make some this weekend after our conversation, and then I found this recipe.

I'll have some knitting tomorrow, I've finished my test sock!

4 comments:

Abigail said...

I made the chocolate pudding recipe from "How to Cook Everything" last week and it was so amazingly good, I couldn't believe it. The recipe you linked is simpler, though, and doesn't involve standing over the stove for an extended period of time, it sounds like. Probably because my recipe had egg in it.

And I've been meaning to try no knead bread! You are inspiring me today. :)

JillyB said...

The pudding was really easy and since it doesn't have eggs it could be made vegan pretty easily, as she mentions on her blog. The bread is another story, on the blog I read it on it calls for 1 5/8 cups of water but I watched the video from the new york times or where ever and the guy uses 1 1/2 cups. So my dough is very wet today, I'm still gonna make it but I also started another batch with a lot less water!

Cindy/Snid said...

That pudding looks and sounds absolutely divine! I think I could make pudding here- I'll have to check out the recipe, cause I am almost drooling!
And the bread? sounds like the recipe that we used to make- it was VERY good! I think our dough tended to be a little wet if I remember correctly- but I think it worked out okay...

I will get back to you on the yarn offer!!!

Anabel said...

Woah. I'm totally going to have to make pudding and bread now. I haven't made bread since this summer, but that recipe looks compelling.