Sunday, August 03, 2008

Call it Heavy Metal Noise

I somehow found myself with a ticket to see The Scorpions and Sammy Hagar tonight. I grew up in a town where I could listen to rock/heavy metal or Country music on the radio, so I went the route of the former. My first concert was Motley Crue, and I've seen many concerts since. But I some how never ever saw the Scorps, even though they were one of my favorite bands in high school. So I went to the concert tonight to see them, fingers crossed they would play The Zoo and Holiday. THEY ROCKED!!! Yes they played The Zoo and other songs that any Scorps fan would know (no Holiday but that was reaching) and I sang at the top of my lungs. I don't care that they are maybe(?) 60, they ROCKED! And I got an awesome rocker chick shirt just to remember that I really did go see them. But the thing that took me by surprise was Sammy Hagar. When I was 16 I LOVED Sammy Hagar and my friends chipped in to by me his Three Lock Box ALBUM (which I still have by the way) and I played it all the time. Things happened along the way and Sammy's rocken' world changed and came under some really bad press. But I am here to say that Sammy has been much maligned by the press because that man is AWESOME! I've been to a few concerts in my time where the band I went to see was fine, but another act blew me away. I saw Depeche Mode at Red Rocks (yes, world renowned venue is also the local place to catch a band in Colorado) and was amazed by Book of Love, saw Tori Amos and discovered the Ditty Bops, and tonight I went to see the Scorpions and fell in love all over again with Sammy Hagar. He sang his own songs, Van Halen songs ( with Michael Anthony no less!!!) and even a Led Zeppelin song. Definitely left me higher than high, feelin' just right.

6 comments:

Teenuh said...

My hubby is jealous of your concert. Glad you enjoyed it! I've seen Depeche Mode in concert three times I think and they are awesome. Love them!

Cindy/Snid said...

Heeheee.

Scorpions are my only favorite metal band. I would even admit to liking them in my punk rocker days. And the Zoo is the best- actually, that whole album is pretty awesome...
One of those soundtracks of my life.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.